When we think about color in print marketing and direct mail, we think about stunning images and eye-catching graphics. But color packs a punch in letters, product brochures, and other text-heavy documents, too. What makes color so powerful?
Here are just a few of the benefits that color provides:
• Increases recall dramatically. Studies show that color increases recalls in the 80% range.
• Gets attention. People are about 40% more likely to select or read materials when they are in color.
• Helps readers find information more easily. This is great for insurance policies, contracts, and other lengthy documents.
• Reduces errors. Highlight instructions or account information to help people get it right the first time.
• Slashes payment time. Highlight the amount owed and the due date with color and watch your invoices get paid faster!
• Increase the ability of readers to understand and retain information. This is great news for your sales presentations.
When you want to draw your readers’ attention to something or when you need to draw out an immediate response, you can’t beat the use of color. Make phone numbers or payment information stand out in a letter. Highlight discounts in a brightly colored starburst. Use arrows or colored bullets to focus attention on key points in a brochure.
Looking for ways to incorporate more color into your direct mail or marketing collateral? Contact us. We can help!
©2014 The Foley Group